Friday, October 31, 2008

2.0 Economic Liberty

2.0 Economic Liberty

A free and competitive market allocates resources in the most efficient manner. Each person has the right to offer goods and services to others on the free market. The only proper role of government in the economic realm is to protect property rights, adjudicate disputes, and provide a legal framework in which voluntary trade is protected. All efforts by government to redistribute wealth, or to control or manage trade, are improper in a free society.

Well, that lays it out! Viva Capitalism! I'm again in full support of freedom. This is a road map all by itself to economic prosperity for as many people as possible. Anything short of the free market results in injustice, and a lowering of the general standard of living.

Not only does the party support economic rights, it upholds them as a plank in their platform. The drivel I've seen on the other parties is just that, drivel. There can be no compromises with freedom.

If I am not free to dispose of the fruits of my labor as I so choose, then those fruits, in fact, are not mine. I have heard many claims to the fruits of my labor, but none that do not, eventually boil down to simple theft. If I earn something, create something or discover something, without fraud or force, then by what right would the government take it from me? there is no moral right, only might.

The state has placed many claims on my labor in the form of taxes, and gives me precious little in return. It would be one thing if the state used my taxes to provide for services such as fire, police, court and military, but it does much more than that. The state now provided partial sustenance for a very large portion of the population. That portion has become dependent upon the state to continue to confiscate my money. This has turned the state into a criminal organization that buys off one set of voters with the labors of another. Hiding the theft behind a legal construct does not turn the crime into a virtue.

When one person is forced to work to support another, that is called slavery. The modern US Government is still in the slavery business, and it needs to be put out of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite or I'll erase your comments. No images are allowed in the comments.